Sunday 27 April 2014

Let The Adventure Begin!

My life's always been a bit bonkers, but it changed direction again a few months ago. This is my story.

After agonising about how to deal with the fallout from my son being bullied at school, I discovered that he doesn't have to be at school at all. It's perfectly legal to home educate in England. So, I removed him from school. It was a bit of a leap of faith and involved a lot of research and panicking on my part. But here we are. He's been out of school for seven months and it's been fantastic!

We've got an allotment, we do lots of cookery and craft and we get about a bit too. All great for learning and for fun. Just one goat short of living the Good Life ;)

It's not perfect, but what is? It's a lot better than it was for us. My son is much calmer and happier. He's learning more too and his social life is far better now than it ever was at school. Don't worry though, this isn't going to be a preachy blog. I fully appreciate that not everyone can do (or would want to do) what I've done - I'm very lucky and I work from home, so I can be pretty flexible.

What I do hope though is that something in here will inspire you.

My life isn't just about home educating. I also run a company that holds quiz events all over the world and I set and verify questions for TV quiz and game shows.

I hope you can join us on our journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment